Gardner sells parts in the outdoor power equipment industry. They host parts websites for large retailers (Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply Company) and manufacturers (Poulan, MTD, Weedeater, Ryobi, Ridgid, Ryobi, Echo, and Generac).
I’ve had the opportunity to work with Erik over the past year on a substantial project to consolidate several web platforms on to Magento 2. While Erik’s command of the technical and organizational aspects of the project were excellent and critical to its success, his ability to uncover and understand the nuances of our business, and then deliver those technically are what makes his combination of skills unique.
Gardner was running their B2C/B2B websites on a legacy homegrown eCommerce platform. They acquired a large competitor in their industry and needed to unify their technology onto a single platform. Gardner chose Magento Commerce because they needed a platform that could efficiently handle 1.5M+ SKUs across their 30+ B2C and B2B websites. They needed a platform that could power B2B and B2C selling equally well, be seamlessly integrated with their niche ERP system, and was flexible enough to handle unique requirements for their 30+ different websites.
CODIS ERP Integration
Gardner uses an industry-specific ERP system, CODIS, to manage all their business operations. Data points that were integrated:
- All products created in CODIS get created in Magento and associated with the appropriate websites.
- Since each B2C website and each B2B user has unique pricing across the 1.5M SKU catalog, a real time pricing lookup with a caching layer ensures fast performance for commonly accessed parts.
- Orders placed in Magento are pushed in realtime to CODIS.
- Shipment statuses are retrieved realtime from CODIS.
Bulk Order Form
Gardner’s B2B customers will frequently place orders for hundreds of products. Gardner wanted to provide a way for those users to manually key in the product SKUs and see real-time inventory information. Gardner’s feedback was that the experience was “lighting fast” compared to their old site.
Suite of B2B/Dealer tools to manage their account, including:
- Backorder status
- Order history (even for orders placed before Magento was implemented)
- Import orders from Amazon/eBay
- See available credit and pay outstanding invoices
- Reorder based on historical orders
- Custom reports: sales by part, sales by manufacturer
* Stats are based on comparing 12/1/18-1/31/19 to the previous year for ordertree.com