Senior Magento Software Engineer
- $80K-$125K compensation package (depending on experience)
- Generous profit-sharing model
There are two main developer tracks at Kraken: one for developers who want to strictly write code and solve difficult problems, and the other for developers who want to manage other developers and work closely with clients. There is equal opportunity for both types of developers. This position is for those interested in the former.
You’ll work with our Technical Project Managers to build and maintain Magento eCommerce sites for our clients. We believe developers work best when they’re able to spend more time on fewer projects, so we aim to have each developer working on 1-3 projects at a time. You’ll write Magento extensions, discuss requirements with clients, fix bugs, and help make our client’s websites more awesome. Part of your time will be set aside to pursue internal initiatives such as building SaaS products for the eCommerce market.
- Remote position: Must be based in the US
Springfield, MO position: Must be willing to commute to SE Springfield
- 3+ years experience with Magento development
- Magento 2 Certified Associate Developer (or better)
- Strong grasp of PHP and MySQL
- Some experience with HTML/CSS/JS
- Familiarity with basic Systems Engineering needs
- Strong debugging skills (xdebug, New Relic APM, root cause analysis)
- Version control (Git) experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work on a team—you can’t be a lone ranger
- Work/life balance. We believe in working hard and then playing hard. Our team works an average of 40 hours a week.
- Profit sharing. While everyone at Kraken earns a respectable salary, we also have a generous profit sharing model that rewards each individual for their contributions.
- Great benefits. Awesome health insurance and time-off policies.
- Awesome industry. The eCommerce industry has grown steadily over the past 10 years. Kraken works with some of the best platforms in the industry.
- Flexible schedule. Have a sick kid? Want to take a spontaneous trip? As long as you get your work done, there’s lots of flexibility in this role.
- Snacks/drinks. Unlimited (healthy) snacks/drinks to keep the creative juices flowing.
- Constant growth. Dedicated time & budget set aside for learning.
- Minimal meetings. We only meet when we have to. Otherwise we use Slack / email / etc for team-wide communications.
- The best tools. Specced out MacBook (which you can use personally, if you want) + whatever monitor/peripherals you want.